Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- This article has not been previously published, nor has it been submitted for consideration and publication in another journal.
- The text is presented in the template.
- The latest literary sources from the databases Scopus / Web of Science have been analyzed in the process of working on the article.
- The references are formatted in accordance with the requirements in the Author's Guide with DOIs provided, where available.
- The text complies with all the requirements for scholarly articles described in the Author's Guide.
- The submission is free from plagiarism / self-plagiarism.
- The article is in line with the journal sections in the context of mining technologies, mining industry and mineral resources sector.
Text design regulation for publishing of submission in "Zapiski Gornogo Instituta / Journal of Mining Institute"
The paper which is sent to the Editorial Board should comply with thematic sections of the journal, contain the original author's scientific results (at least 80% of originality) and should be structured in accordance with the present rules of the journal. The applied paper should be written by not more than 3 authors with at least one author’s science degree not less than PhD. Each author's contribution to the article should be specified.
The Editorial Board reviews simultaneously no more than two articles by the same author/ group of authors, which, in case of acceptance, will be published with an interval of three volumes or more.
The paper’s authors adhere to publishing ethics and are in charge of plagiary absence in their publication (unscrupulous citation); ensure the absence of falsification in research results, research authenticity and results reproducibility according to methodic presented in the paper. The authors guarantee that the article materials are not submitted for publication in other journals (in Russian and English).
In addition to the paper, the authors should attach following documents of application:
- agreement for the provision of personal data, signed by all the authors, as a scanned copy;
- expert conclusion from an affiliated organization confirming the possibility of publication in the open sources.
The article and attached documents should be submitted to the Editorial Board in electronic form via the online form on the website of the journal. If you have any problems – contact the Editorial Board.
European Association of Science Editors (EASE) have published Guidelines for Authors and Translators of Scientific Articles to be Published in English.
It is recommended to use the article template for the proper formatting of the article.
Articles should be submitted in Microsoft Word text editor.
Formulas are typed only using Equation editor. Latin symbols are typed in Italic, Russian, Greek, numbers and chemical symbols, similarity criteria are typed in Roman letters. This rule is also applied to indexes in characters.
Images should be submitted in the form of computer graphics and ready for printing. Image editor must be compatible with Microsoft Word text editor. Images can be both white-black and colored. All the images must have captions. The text should contain links to all images. Maximum number of images is 5 to 7.
Tables should be numbered in Arabic numerals. Each table must have a title and a cited in the text (Tab.1). The maximum number of tables is 5-7.
Physical units and symbols should be taken in accordance with the International System of Units according to the given field of science. It is desirable to use the IUPAC terminology for naming chemical compounds.
- Universal decimal classification
- Submission title
- Information about the author(s) in Russian and English: full name, surname, academic degree, position, full name of the organization, city, country, e-mail, ORCID
- Keywords (not less than 5-7 words and phrases)
- Text of submission
Points 2, 3, 5, 7 should be given in English at the end of the submission. If the submission is published in English, points 2.-5; 7 are given in Russian at the end. The paper size, including images and tables in the text, should be 20 000–40 000 characters with spaces.
Title of the submission should be informative. Only generally accepted abbreviations are used in the title of the article.
Names and initials of the paper’s authors should be submitted according to the international system of transliteration developed by USA Library of Congress Slavic (Russian) Transliteration. The website www.translit.ru can be used for free transliteration of the English text into Russian and vice versa.
It is mandatory to indicate only one place of author’s work in different publications, as the data on the affiliation of the organization is one of the main defining features for the author’s identification.
Abstract in English language
Abstract is a brief statement of the article content, including basic information and the conclusions of the paper. The volume of abstract should be 150-200 words.
Recommendations for the structuring of the paper
- Introduction – the research degree of the subject
- Statement of the problem
- Methodology: description of particular methods of research
- Discussion: the author’s point of view and direct author’s research
- Conclusion: the main conclusions
- Acknowledgments: Gratitude to specific individuals who helped the author or indication of grants that helped to perform the work
Reference block is a separate unit. Sources descriptions (printed and electronic) are arranged in alphabetical order, foreign sources are placed after the Russian.
Transliteration of references and English translations are made in accordance with the APA standard – American Psychological Association (5th ed.). The links should be available for scientific community. In case the work contains Digital Object Identifier (DOI), which is an international ISO standard (www.doi.org), this identifier should be indicated in references.
References number should be not less than 35 and not more than 50 for review articles. The recommended share of self-citation is no more than 20%.
The literature sources in a scientific article should not be older than 10 years.
Links in texts should be given in square brackets .
Abbreviations of source titles (journal, publishers) are not allowed.
It is mandatory to include all the authors into description without reducing them to three, four, etc.
The place of publication, publisher and year of publication to be specified in references for all books, monographs
Electronic sources should be described similar to prints indicating the access URL and the current date of reference.
The number of pages should be indicated.
Journal paper design examples
Paper by one author:
Paper by two or three Authors:
Alekseev V.I., Barakhtin B.K., Zhukov A.S. Chemical heterogeneity as a factor of improving the strength of steels manufactured by selective laser melting technology. Journal of Mining university. 2020. Vol. 242, p.191-196. DOI:10.31897/PMI.2020.2.191
Paper by four or more authors:
Kashnikov Yu.A., Ashikhmin S.G., Kukhtinskii A.E., Shustov D.V. The relationship of fracture toughness coefficients and geophysical characteristics of rocks of hydrocarbon deposits. Journal of Mining Institute. 2020. Vol.241, p. 83-90. DOI: 10.31897/PMI.2020.1.83
Patent design example
Patent N 2431696 RF. Goldobina L.A., Gusev V.P., Orlov A.P., Shkrabak V.S. A method of alloying of steel with aluminum. Opubl.20.10.2011. Byul. N 29.
Abstract of a thesis design example:
Kulinich O.V. Fiziko-khimicheskie osnovy gidrokhimicheskoi pererabotki otkhodov, soderzhashchikh alyuminii (Physico-chemical fundamentals of hydro-chemical processing of waste containing aluminumtions). Avtoref. dis… kand. tekhn. nauk. Sankt-Peterburgskii tekhnologicheskii institut. St. Petersburg, 1998, р.21.
Link to online resource design example
BP: Statistical Review of World Energy – 2019 edition. URL: https://nangs.org/analytics/bp-statistical-review-of-world-energy (date: 2020.02.12).
Terms of Publishing
During first two weeks upon the submission the material undergoes the check of conformity with rules of design, and originality (plagiarism).
Author has 3-7 days to fix the discrepancies. Upon the receipt of the corrected version which conforms with rules of the journal the article is considered by Editorial Board and is assigned to a peer reviewer.
The initial reviewing takes up to 4 weeks (in summer time the term increases).
The second reviewing (if the reviewer requests the second evaluation) takes two weeks.
Upon the receipt of the positive review the article is assigned to publication.
The author is informed about each stage of consideration and publication of the article at the email address provided by the author at registration.
Normally the average term of the article publishing in the journal takes 4-10 months.
Distribution of Publications
After publication of the volume on the website, the publisher places the full texts of publications in DOAJ directory, electronic library systems e-library.ru, Cyberleninka, LAN', and IPR-Books. Each article is also assigned a DOI number.
If you want your published article to be reflected faster in the databases, you can independently promote article in the scientific community:
- when registering on the site of the journal "Journal of Mining Institute" and submitting the article you should make sure that you indicate your author's profiles to successfully back up the latest indexing in databases. It is necessary for each co-author to have an ODCID ID;
- check, if information posted in electronic sources is correct;
- check, if the article is included in the author profile.
Maintaining profiles of the scientist will help you to increase visibility of all your publications and scientometric indicators.
Authors, who publish in this journal, agree to the following terms:
- Authors reserve the copyright for their papers and transfer the right of the first publication to the journal together with the paper, while simultaneously licensing the paper under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0) terms and conditions. The license permits to copy and disseminate the content in any media and format, make remixes, modify and create new materials on its basis for any purposes, including commercial ones.
- The author can archive and disseminate both pre-print and post-print. However, Editorial Board recommends to wait until the publisher’s version is issued because it has a set of mandatory data that facilitate further citation.
- Authors agree to literary editing of the article by the Editorial Board of the journal and the layout according to the present norms and standards.
The names and email addresses, entered in this journal website, will be used solely for the purposes identified by the publisher and will not be used for any other purposes or shared with other parties and organizations.
Unpublished data from the papers submitted for consideration are not used for personal research without written consent of the author.
Information or ideas obtained through peer review and the associated potential benefits must be kept confidential and cannot be used for personal interest.
Reviewers should not participate in the examination of the submissions in case of conflicts of interests as a result of competitive, cooperative, and other interactions and relationships with any of the authors, companies or other institutions associated with the submitted paper.