JUSTIFICATION OF THE TECHNOLOGICAL PARAMETERS CHOICE FOR WELL DRILLING BY ROTARY STEERABLE SYSTEMS
Paper presents the analysis of the investigation results of vibrational accelerations and beating amplitudes of the downhole drilling motor, which help to define the ranges of optimum energy characteristics of the gerotor mechanism, ensuring its stable operation. Dependencies describing the operation of the «drilling bit – rotary steerable system with power screw section – drilling string» system and the values of the self-oscillation boundaries and the onset of system resonance when it is used jointly, were defined as a result of computational and full-scale experimental research. A mathematical model is proposed, which allows determining the optimal range of technological parameters for well drilling, reducing the extreme vibration accelerations of the bottomhole assembly by controlling the torque-power and frequency characteristics of the drilling string, taking into account the energy characteristics of the power screw section of the rotary steerable system. Recommendations on the choice of drilling mode parameters were given.
- Dvoinikov M.V. Well trajectory design for efficient drilling with rotary-driven systems. Zapiski Gornogo instituta. 2018. Vol. 231, p. 254-262. DOI: 10.25515/PMI.2018.3.254 (in Russian).
- Dvoinikov M.V. Analysis of the studies' results of technical and technological parameters of inclined wells drilling . Zapiski Gornogo instituta. 2017. Vol. 223, p. 86-92. DOI: 10.18454/PMI.2017.1.86 (in Russian).
- Dvoinikov M.V., Muraev Yu.D. Technical and technological solutions to ensure the stable operation of a downhole motor. Zapiski Gornogo instituta. 2016. Vol. 218, p. 198-205 (in Russian).
- Zakirov A.Ya. The first test results of rotary-controlled systems produced in Russia. PROneft'. Professional'no o nefti. 2016. N 2, p. 42-48 (in Russian).
- Morozov V.A., Dvoinikov M.V., Blinov P.A. Investigation of the stable operation optimal range of the «drill bit-screw down-hole motor-drilling string» system. Neftegazovoe delo. 2018. Vol. 16. N 2, p. 35-43 (in Russian).
- Tikhonov V.S., Safronov A.I., Valiullin Kh.R. et al. Development of universal software for modeling the dynamics of a pipe string. SPE 171280-RU. 2014.
- Yunin E.K., Khegai V.K. Deep drilling dynamics. Moscow: OOO «Nedra-Biznestsentr», 2004, p. 152-175 (in Russian).
- Farah Omar F. Direction well desing, trajectory and survey calculations, with a case study in fiale, asal rift, Djibouti. United Nations University. Reykjavik, Iceland, 2013, p. 627-623.
- Larsen Lena Kyrvestad. Tools and Techniques to Minimize Shock and Vibration to the Bottom Hole Assembly. Bernt Sigve Adnoy. University of Stavanger. 2014, p. 135. https://brage.bibsys.no/xmlui/handle/11250/220906
- Leine R.I., Van Campen D.H., Keultjes W.J.G. Stick-slip whirl interaction in drillstring dynamics. ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics. 2002. Vol. 124(2), p. 209-220.
- Li Z., Guo B. Analysis of longitudinal vibration of drillstring in air and gas drilling. Rocky Mountain Oil and Gas Technology Symposium. Denver. Colorado. SPE 107697-MS. Society of Petroleum Engineers. 2007. DOI: org/10.2128/107697-MS
- Liu X.H., Liu Y.H., Feng D. Downhole Propulsion/Steering Mechanism for Wellbore Trajectory Control in Directional Drill-ing. Applied Mechanics and Materials. 2013. Vol. 318, p. 185-190.
- Samuel R., Robertson J.E. Vibration Analysis and Control with Hole-Enlarging Tools. Annual Technical Conference and Ex-hibition. Florence. Italy. SPE 134512-MS. Society of Petroleum Engineers. 2010. DOI: org/10.2118/134512-MS
- Vromen G.M. Control of stick-slip vibrations in drilling systems: PhD thesis. Eindhoven University of Technology. Eindho-ven, 2015, p. 256.
- Zhu Xiaohua, Liping Tang, Qiming Yang. A literature review of approaches for stick-slip vibration suppression in oilwell drillstring. Advances in Mechanical Engineering. 2014. N 6.