Modeling of batch gold leaching process by cyanidation
- 1 — National Mineral Resources University (Mining University)
- 2 — National Mineral Resources University (Mining University)
- 3 — Lappeenranta University of Technology
- 4 — Lappeenranta University of Technology
A kinetic gold leaching model, based on the well-known shrinking core model, is presented in this work. The model considers the effects of internal diffusion, surface reaction and unreacted amount of gold in the concentrate particle during leaching. The model parameters are estimated by minimization of mismatching between experimental data and results of numerical computation of kinetic model made by using ReactOp software.
- Ling P., Papangelakis V.G., Argyropoulos S.A. et al. An Improved Rate Equation for Cyanidation of a Gold Ore // Canadian Metallurgical Quarterly. 1996. Vol. 35. N 3.
- Kondos P.D., Deschênes G., Morrison R.M. Process Optimization Studies in Gold Cyanidation // Hydrometallurgy. 1995. Vol 39.
- de Andrade Lima, L.R.P., Hodouin D. A Lumped Kinetic Model for Gold Ore Cyanidation // Hydrometallurg. 2005. Vol. 79.
- Crundwell F.K., Godorr S.A. A Mathematical Model of the Leaching of Gold in Cyanide Solutions // Hydrometallurgy. 1997. Vol. 44.
- Marsden J., House I. The Chemistry of Gold Extraction // West Sussex, England: Ellis Horwood. 1992.
- Senanayake G. Kinetics and Reaction Mechanism of Gold Cyanidation: Surface Reaction Model via Au(I)-OH- CN Complexes // Hydrometallurgy. Vol. 80.
- Srithammavu, W. Modeling of gold cyanidation. Master’s Thesis. Lappeenranta. Lappeenranta University of Technology.
- Srithammavut W., Luukkanen S., Laari A. et al. Ki- netic Modelling of Gold Leaching and Cyanide Consumption in Intensive Cyanidation of Refractory Gold Concen- trate // Journal of the University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy. 2011. Vol. 46. N 2.