Investigation of the effect of concentrate oxidation on thiosulfate gold leaching
- 1 — National Mineral Resources University (Mining University)
- 2 — National Mineral Resources University (Mining University)
- 3 — Lappeenranta University of Technology
More and more attention is paying to research of feasible cyanide alternative leaching techniques due to increasingly growing concern to Mother Nature. After some serious cyanide accidents some countries have campaigned to ban cyanide in gold mining industry. Political alignments and concern about environmental have been reasons to find good and less-toxic alternatives to cyanide. One of the most promising leach reagents is stated to be thiosulphate because of its benign properties. Moreover it is suitable for sulphide and carbonaceous ores which present a problem for cyanidation. In the present paper number of experiments on research of thiosulphate leaching kinetic study as well as pretreatment of gold concentrate by wet oxidation with following leaching tests is presented.
- Полкин С.И. Процессы минерализации руд цветных металлов / С.И.Полкин, А.В.Адамов. 1983. С.249-282.
- Aylmore M.G., Muir D.M. Thiosulphate leaching of gold – a review // Minerals Engineering. 2001. Vol.14. N 2. P.135-174.
- Hilson G., Monhemius A.J. Alternatives to cyanide in the gold mining industry: what prospects for the future? // Journal of cleaner production. 2006. N 14. P.1158-1167.