Prospects of magnesium oxide application in Bayer’s aluminous technology
- 1 — National Mineral Resources University (Mining University)
- 2 — National Mineral Resources University (Mining University)
- 3 — National Mineral Resources University (Mining University)
The question of magnesium oxide application for purification of aluminate liquors of aluminous production is in a complex considered. The two-phasic process is offered for providing of magnesium hydrocarbo- and sulfuraluminates formation by interaction of magnesium oxide with aluminate liquors under conditions, corresponding to parameters of aluminous production. High sorption activity of received compounds is defined with reference to organic substances of aluminate liquors.
- Amin S. Humic substance uptake by hydrotalcites and pilcs / S.Amin, G.G.Jayson // Water resource. 1995. Vol.30. P.299-306.
- Steven P.Rosenberg. Layered double hydroxides in the Bayer process: past, present, future / Steven P.Rosenberg, Lyndon Armstrong // Light metals. 2005. P.157-161.
- Yu.A.Zaytsev. Some capabilities of removal of organic substances from Australian Bayer process liquors / Yu.A.Zaytsev, V.P.Lankin, V.Lipin, M.Stoljar // Light met- als. 2000. P.59-64.
- Misra C. Composition and properties of synthetic hydrotalcites / C.Misra, A.J.Perrotta // Clay and clay minerals. 1992. Vol.40. N 2. P.142-150
- Shigeo Miyata. Anion-exchange properties of hydrotalcite-like compounds // Clays and clays minerals. 1983. Vol.31. N 4. P.305-311