Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The attached article file is presented in the standard format OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF or WordPerfect.
- The text of the article is consistent with all the requirements presented in the Author Guidelines on the page "For the Authors".
- This article has not been previously published and has not been submitted for consideration and publication in another journal.
- The following documents should be attached to this article: personal data agreement signed by all the authors in a scanned form; expert conclusion from an affiliate organization on the possibility of publication in the open sources.
Text design regulation for publishing of submission in "Zapiski Gornogo Instituta / Journal of Mining Institute"
The paper which is addressed to the Editorial Board should comply with thematic sections of the journal, contain the original author's scientific results (at least 80% of originality) and should be structured in accordance with the present rules of the journal. The applied paper should be written by not more than 3 authors with at least one author’s science degree not less than PhD. A larger number of authors as an exception is negotiated individually for each article.
Articles of each author are published no more than twice a year with an interval of three volumes.
The paper’s authors adhere publishing ethics and are in charge of plagiary absence in their publication (unscrupulous citation); ensure the absence of falsification in research results, research authenticity and results reproducibility according to methodic presented in the paper. The authors guarantee that the article materials are not submitted for publication in other journals (in Russian and English).
In addition to the paper, the authors should attach following documents of application:
- agreement for the provision of personal data, signed by all the authors, as a scanned copy;
- eexpert conclusion from an affiliated organization confirming the possibility of publication in the open sources.
The article and attached documents should be submitted to the Editorial Board in electronic form via the online form on the website of the journal. If you have any problems – contact the Editorial Board.
It is recommended to use the latest volumes of the journal as a sample for the proper formatting of the article.
Articles should be submitted in Microsoft Word text editor.
Formulas are typed only in Microsoft Office Equation 3. Latin symbols are typed in Italic, Russian, Greek, numbers and chemical symbols, similarity criteria are typed in Roman letters. This rule is also applied to indexes in characters.
Images should be submitted in the form of computer graphics and ready for printing. Image editor must be compatible with Microsoft Word text editor. Images can be both white-black and colored. All the images must have captions. The text should contain links to all images. Maximum number of images is 5 to 7.
Physical units and symbols should be taken in accordance with the International System of Units according to the given field of science. It is desirable to use the IUPAC terminology for naming chemical compounds.
- Universal decimal classification.
2. Submission title.
3. Full data about the author (s): name, surname, title, position, full name of the organization and postal address, country, e-mail address.
5. Keywords (not less than 5-7 words and phrases).
6. Text of submission.
Points 2, 3, 5, 7 should be given in English at the end of the submission. If the submission is published in English, points 2.-5; 7 are given in Russian at the end. The paper size, including images and tables in the text, should be 20 000–40 000 characters with spaces.
Title of the submission should be informative.
Only generally accepted abbreviations are used in the title of the article.
Names and initials of the paper’s authors should be submitted according to the international system of transliteration developed by USA Library of Congress Slavic (Russian) Transliteration. The website http://www.translit.ru/ can be used for free transliteration of the English text into Russian and vice versa.
It is mandatory to indicate only one place of author’s work in different publications, as the data on the affiliation of the organization is one of the main defining features for the author’s identification.
Abstract in English language
Abstract is a brief statement of the article content, including basic information and the conclusions of the paper. The volume of abstract should be 150-200 words.
Recommendations for the structuring of the paper
Introduction – the research degree of the subject.
Statement of the problem.
Methodology: description of particular methods of research.
Discussion: the author’s point of view and direct author’s research.
Conclusion: the main conclusions.
Acknowledgments: Gratitude to specific individuals who helped the author or indication of grants that helped to perform the work.
Reference block is a separate unit. Sources descriptions (printed and electronic) are arranged in alphabetical order, foreign sources are placed after the Russian.
Transliteration of references and English translations are made in accordance with the APA standard – American Psychological Association (5th ed.). The links should be available for scientific community. In case the work contains Digital Object Identifier (DOI), which is an international ISO standard (http://www.doi.org/), this identifier should be indicated in references.
References number should be not less than 15 and not more than 40 for review articles. The recommended proportion of the sources - 1/3 of foreign sources, 1/3 of Russian sources, self citation should not exceed 1/3.
The literature sources in a scientific article should not be older than 15 years.
Links in texts should be given in square brackets  or [2-5].
Abbreviations of source titles (journal, publishers) are not allowed.
It is mandatory to include all the authors into description without reducing them to three, four, etc.
The place of publication, publisher and year of publication to be specified in references for all books, monographs.
Electronic sources should be described similar to prints indicating the access URL.
The number of pages should be indicated.
Journal paper design examples
Paper by one author
- Алексеев А.И. Комплексная переработка апатит-нефелиновых руд на основе создания замкнутых технологических схем // Записки Горного института. Т.215. С.75-83.
- Alekseev A.I. Kompleksnaya pererabotka apatit-nefelinovykh rud na osnove sozdaniya zamknutykh tekhnologicheskikh skhem (Complex processing of Apatite-nepheline ores based on the creation of closed technological schemes). Journal of Mining Institute. Vol.215, p.75-83.
Paper by two or three authors
- Алексеев В.И. Структурно-химическая неоднородность природных кристаллов и микрогеохимическое направление в онтогении минералов / В.И.Алексеев, Ю.Б.Марин // Записки Российского минералогического общества. 2012. Вып.1. С.3-21.
- Alekseev V.I., Marin Yu.B. Strukturno-khimicheskaya neodnorodnost' prirodnykh kristallov i mikrogeokhimicheskoe napravlenie v ontogenii mineralov (Structural and chemical heterogeneity of virgin crystals and microgeochemistry in ontogeny of minerals). Zapiski Rossiiskogo mineralogicheskogo obshchestva. 2012. Iss.1, p.3-21.
Paper by two authors with DOI
- Николаев Н.И. Теоретические и экспериментальные исследования эффективности бурения твердых горных пород / Н.И.Николаев, Е.Л.Леушева // Вестник ПНИПУ. Геология. Нефтегазовое и горное дело. 2015. № 15. С.38-47. DOI: 10.15593/2224-9923/2015.15.5
- Nikolaev N.I., Leusheva E.L. Teoreticheskie i eksperimental'nye issledovaniya effektivnosti bureniya tverdykh gornykh porod (Theoretical and experimental investigation of hard rock drilling efficiency). Vestnik PNIPU. Geologiya. Neftegazovoe i gornoe delo, 2015. N 15, p.38-47. DOI: 10.15593/2224-9923/2015.15.5
Paper by four or more authors
- Результаты и особенности бурения скважины 5Г и первого вскрытия озера Восток / Н.И.Васильев, В.Я.Липенков, А.Н.Дмитриев, А.В.Подоляк, В.М.Зубков // Лед и снег. 2012. № 4 (120). С.12-20.
- Vasiliev N.I., Lipenkov V.Ya, Dmitriev A.N., Podjliak A.V., Zubkov V.M.. Rezultati i osobennosti burenia skvagini 5G i pervogo vskritia ozera Vostok (Results and features of drilling of borehole 5G and the first opening of lake Vostok). Led i sneg. 2012. N 4 (120), p.12-20.
Book, monography design example
Book by one author
- Дядькин Ю.Д. Основы горной теплофизики. М.: Недра, 1968. 256 с.
- Djad'kin Ju.D. Osnovy gornoj teplofiziki (Basics of Mining Thermophysics). Мoscow: Nedra, 1968, p.256.
Book by two or three authors
- Галкин А.Ф. Теплоаккумулирующие выработки / А.Ф.Галкин, Ю.А.Хохолов. Новосибирск: Наука, 1992. 133 с.
- Galkin A.F., Hoholov Ju.A. Teploakkumulirujushhie vyrabotki (Heat-retaining Workings). Novosibirsk: Nauka, 1992, p.133.
Book by four or more authors
- Приближенное решение операторных уравнений / М.А.Красносельский, Г.М.Вайникко, П.П.Забрейко, Я.Б.Рутицкий, В.Я.Стеценко. М.: Наука, 1969. 456 с.
- Krasnosel'skiy M.A., Vaynikko G.M., Zabreyko P.P., Rutitskiy Ya.B., Stetsenko V.Ya. Priblizhennoe reshenie operatornykh uravneniy (Approximate solution of operator equations). Moscow: Nauka, 1969, p.456.
Patent design example
- Патент № 2431696 РФ. Способ легирования стали алюминием / Л.А.Голдобина, В.П.Гусев, А.П.Орлов, В.С.Шкрабак. Опубл.20.10.2011. Бюл. № 29.
- Patent N 2431696 RF. Goldobina L.A., Gusev V.P., Orlov A.P., Shkrabak V.S. Sposob legirovaniya stali alyuminiem (A method of alloying of steel with aluminum). Opubl.20.10.2011. Byul. N 29.
Abstract of a thesis design example:
- Кулинич О.В. Физико-химические основы гидрохимической переработки отходов, содержащих алюминий: Автореф. дис… канд. техн. наук / Санкт-Петербургский технологический институт. СПб, 1998. 21 с.
- Kulinich O.V. Fiziko-khimicheskie osnovy gidrokhimicheskoi pererabotki otkhodov, soderzhashchikh alyuminii (Physico-chemical fundamentals of hydro-chemical processing of waste containing aluminumtions). Avtoref. dis… kand. tekhn. nauk. Sankt-Peterburgskii tekhnologicheskii institut. St. Petersburg, 1998, р.21.
Link to online resource design example
- Санкт-Петербургский горный университет // Википедия URL: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Санкт-Петербургский_государственный_горный_университет (дата обращения: 23.06.2016).
- Sankt - Peterburgskiy gornyy universitet (2016, June 23). Retrieved from https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankt-Peterburgskiy_gosudarstvennyy_gornyy_universitet
Terms of Publishing
During first two weeks upon the submission the material undergoes the check of conformity with Rules of design and originality (plagiarism).
Author has 3-7 days to fix the discrepancies. Upon the receipt of the corrected version which conforms with rules of the journal the article is considered by Editorial Board and is assigned to a peer reviewer.
The initial reviewing takes up to 4 weeks (in summer time the term increases).
The second reviewing (if the reviewer requests the second evaluation) takes two weeks.
Upon the receipt of the positive review the article is assigned to publication.
The author is informed about each stage of consideration and publication of the article at the email address provided by the author at registration.
Normally the average term of the article publishing in the journal makes 4-10 months.
Distribution of Publications
After publication of the volume on the website, the publisher places the full texts of publications in DOAJ directory, electronic library systems e-library.ru, Cyberleninka, LAN', and IPR-Books. Each article is also assigned a DOI number.
If you want your published article to be reflected faster in the databases, you can independently promote article in the scientific community:- when registering on the site of the journal "Journal of Mining Institute" and submitting the article you should make sure that you indicate your author's profiles to successfully back up the latest indexing in databases;- check, if information posted in electronic sources is correct;
- check, if the article is included in the author profile.
Maintaining profiles of the scientist will help you to increase visibility of all your publications and scientometric indicators.
Authors, who publish in this journal, agree to the following terms:
- Authors reserve the copyright for their papers and transfer the right of the first publication to the journal together with the paper, while simultaneously licensing the paper under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0) terms and conditions. The license permits to copy and disseminate the content in any media and format, make remixes, modify and create new materials on its basis for any purposes, including commercial ones.
The author can archive and disseminate both pre-print and post-print. However, Editorial Board recommends to wait until the publisher’s version is issued because it has a set of mandatory data that facilitate further citation.
Authors agree to literary editing of the article by the Editorial Board of the journal and the layout according to the present norms and standards.
The names and email addresses, entered in this journal website, will be used solely for the purposes identified by the publisher and will not be used for any other purposes or shared with other parties and organizations.
Unpublished data from the papers submitted for consideration are not used for personal research without written consent of the author.
Information or ideas obtained through peer review and the associated potential benefits must be kept confidential and cannot be used for personal interest.
Reviewers should not participate in the examination of the submissions in case of conflicts of interests as a result of competitive, cooperative, and other interactions and relationships with any of the authors, companies or other institutions associated with the submitted paper.